Turns out the Easter bunny knows a thing or two about staying healthy. Here are five reasons why munching on this nutrient-packed veggie will give you a hop in your step.
- Carrots contain various anti-cancer nutrients, which are maintained better when cooked whole.
- Thanks to beta-carotene, carrots can help maintain your vision, especially your night vision.
- The vitamin A in carrots is responsible for many of the vegetable's benefits, including growing bones and cells, regulating the immune system, and fighting off infections.
- They are low-cal — a cup of raw carrots contains only 50 calories.
- Carrots are a good source of soluble fiber, which can help lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels, as well as lower your risk of heart disease, some types of cancer, and type 2 diabetes.
Are carrots your go-to healthy snack? Or do you prefer other veggies over this bunny-friendly food?
Source: Flickr User aussiegall