Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. Here are 5 reasons why:
- People who eat breakfast consume more vitamins and minerals over the course of a day, and they eat less fat and cholesterol as well. The reason for this remains unclear, but one study claims that the frequency of daily eating is associated with consuming more favorable nutrients and fewer less favorable nutrients, such as dietary cholesterol.
- Breakfast eaters have better concentration and are more productive throughout the morning. Researchers believe this is due to replenishing glucose, the brain's main energy source.
Want to see other reasons? Then I suggest you read more
- Eating breakfast helps people maintain their weight. Researchers speculate that eating breakfast may reduce hunger later in the day, or that it may cause eaters to choose less-dense foods at later meals or that eating breakfast regularly may simply be an indicator of someone who adopts a low-calorie, low-fat diet.
- Athletes who skip breakfast train less effectively. People who eat breakfast have higher energy levels and may engage in more physical activity.
- Breakfast eaters have lower cholesterol, which reduces the risk of heart disease this is probably because they eat less cholesterol (see reason #1).
So, what did you have for breakfast today? Tell me in the comments section below.