- Your desk isn't the cleanest place to eat. On average, your mouse carries 846 germs per square inch, while your keyboard contains 719. Ew.
- You could use the time to take a walk. Americans walk less than people in most other countries. Walking carries a host of health benefits — but you have to take at least 5,000 steps each day to enjoy them!
- You'll miss out on social time. Even if it's just sitting at a table in a different part of the office, take some time away from your computer screen and in front of co-workers. This face time will not only be a nice break from a monotonous day, it will also help you bond with co-workers.
- You may end up eating more. Just like eating in front of the TV, eating at your computer can encourage mindless snacking or overeating.
- Your brain could benefit from a mini-break. Taking just a 15 minute break during the course of your day can clear your mind — even just for a little while — and help you think clearly up your productivity for the rest of the day.
Tell me, where will you be eating your lunch today?
Image Source: Thinkstock