Me, I love the gym, but I know there are a lot of folks who despise it. However just because you hate the gym doesn't mean you have to hate to exercise.
Here are my top five reasons to workout at home:
- It's open all the time. If you have a busy/odd schedule, think night nurses, or stay at home moms, you can fit it in whenever it works for you and are not limited to the confines of hours of operation.
- It's not smelly. Gyms no matter how clean they are, always have the smell of a gym. So if you're finicky about smells, a home workout could be a good option.
- It's any class, any time. All you need is a DVD player and a few DVDs and it's your choice what class you take and when. Don't like the instructor, turn it off and try something else.
- It's just you. If you're not a fan of meat heads, toned bods or just other people in general, exercising at home means you're by yourself.
- It doesn't require waiting in line for a machine. You can use the treadmill when you want and the only waiting you may have to do is the time it takes to pickup your clothes that are hanging off of it. Oh, and there's no 30 minute time limit!
I am sure you guys have your favorite reasons for working out at home, so share them in the comments section below.