The following post was written by Natalie Garay , who blogs at The Pilates Mama  and is part of POPSUGAR Select Fitness .
While we're cleaning out the garage and ridding our homes of unwanted items we no longer need, we should be taking the same approach with our body. With each new season, our body has to adjust to weather changes, time changes, and new blooms floating in the air. To help our body adjust and better acclimate to the new season, while also warding off sickness, here are a few of my favorite tips.
- Spinal twists: Spinal twists not only feel great and relieve the back of aches and pains, but they're also wonderful for ridding toxins in the spine and digestive organs. Spinal twists can be done either lying supine on the floor, while letting your knees fall over to one side, or while seated with legs crossed and taking your focus over one shoulder.
- Stay hydrated: We've heard this a million times, but do we do it? No! Staying hydrated is great for many reasons, but again, like spinal twists, drinking plenty of water is an incredible way to flush toxins through the body. Drink up!
- Sweat it out: Hot yoga, infrared sauna, a run or even a brisk walk on the beach, anything to get the heart rate up and get that epidermis dripping is the way to go. Our skin is the largest organ in (on) our body, and it needs a little love, too.
- Green tea: Green tea is amazing for ridding the body of toxins, while also stimulating your metabolism (and it promotes weight loss — bonus!)
- Apple cider vinegar tea: Similar to green tea, apple cider vinegar packs a ridiculous amount of benefits, one of them being a detoxing agent. Here's my favorite recipe to sip while winding down for the night. Sweet dreams!
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Dash of cinnamon
Happy Spring cleaning!