When things start getting hectic in our lives, exercise seems to be the last thing most of us make time for. The thing is if you stand back and change a few small things in your life, you can easily make time for exercise.
Here are five simple ideas for making time to exercise:
- Skip one TV show a night. One less show, means less time on the couch, which could give you 30 minutes to an hour of exercise time.
- Make the most out of commercials. When you do watch TV, do sit-ups, push-ups, jumping jacks, etc during commercials.
- Take your dog for a walk. Seriously. Instead of just letting him out to do his business, actually take him out and walk him around the neighborhood for 30 minutes. You, and your four-legged friend, will be happy you did.
- Keep track of your time. You may have more free time than you think so track your time for a few days and you may be able to see areas where you can squeeze in a workout.
- After dinner, make an after dinner walk with the family something you do all the time. Instead of posting up on the couch after dinner (and staying there until you fall asleep), go for a walk around the neighborhood. My husband and I use this time to catch up on the day. Plus, pushing a double stroller adds another element to it and we all feel great afterwards.