- 1 can sockeye salmon packed in water, drained (213g can)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup diced seedless cucumber
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- a few pinches of chili flakes – or as much as you like!
- 1/2 packet stevia or a few pinches of sugar
Mix together all dressing ingredients and set aside. Drain the salmon and empty the contents of the can into a bowl. Remove as many of the bones as you can, then add the remaining salad ingredients. Stir to combine, then drizzle the dressing over top and toss to coat. Serve among 2 plates, and top with additional toasted sesame seeds if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 240 calories, 10g fat, 2g saturated fat, 44mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 11g carbs, 4g fiber, 5g sugar, 25g protein.