Based on my back fat post, many of you mentioned that you wanted to know some good ways to help combat that annoying problem.
The Lateral Pulldown Machine is the machine to use for some back toning -- but unless you own one, you're going to need to head to the gym.
Here's how to do it:
- Adjust the weight so that it is not too easy or too hard that you won't be able to complete 10-15. A good idea may be to start lighter and increase the weight as you go along.
- Stand up and hold the bar at a shoulder width grip.
- Sit down (still holding the bar) with your feet flat on the floor.
- Slightly lean back while keeping your abdominal muscles tight, shoulders back and chest up.
- Pull the bar down in front of you while focusing on squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Stop just after your elbows are just a little below your shoulders and then reverse back to the starting position.
- When you reverse, stop just before your elbows are straight.
That completes one rep. Aim for 3 sets of 10-15 reps (depending on your fitness level).
Fit's Tip: Try not to move forward or backward from the waist using your core to stabilize.