Are you a workaholic? If you're not sure take Fit's workaholic quiz!
Work can be all consuming but when you start to let work get the best of you and stress you out you run the risk of your work working you. If you're a workaholic and are in need of some tips on breaking the habit,
Tips on taking aholic out of work:
- Set realistic limits and boundaries for work. Don't slack off but also don't go above and beyond the call of duty 100% of the time.
- If you make a date outside of work it is important to keep it.
- Don't always bring work home with you. Sometimes it's OK but if you find yourself looking at your computer more than your kids, you should definitely cut back.
- Take advantage of your lunch break. This is a great time to meet your husband or best friend. Plus it also gets you moving, which is always a good thing.
- It is OK that you're not superwoman. If work is getting tough ask your husband to help more around the house, if the kids are sick ask a coworker to help you out.
- Weekends are your friend. We have weekends for a reason, use it for some quality time for yourself as well as for your family.
- Make an effort to have conversations that are not about work when you leave. Of course you want to tell your husband what your annoying coworker did, but be sure to limit the conversations so you don't ramble all night, forgetting to ask him about his day.