In a study of 5,600 workers worldwide, 28 percent report they have gained more than 10 lbs. and 13 percent say they have gained more than 20 lbs., while in their present positions. Comparing genders, more women (52 percent) than men (46 percent) say they have gained weight at their current jobs — yikes. If you fall into that category or if you've just started a new job then I've found some great tips for avoiding the inevitable weight gain so
Here are some great tips on avoiding work-related weight gain:
- Stock the shelves — pack your office drawers with healthy and filling snacks, so it will be easier to elude comfort food temptations on chilly days.
- Drink and be merry — keep a bottle of water at your desk and drink it throughout the day to curb your urge to chow down.
- Start a support group — get together with other co-workers and start a lunch or fitness group that will help keep everyone on track.
- Brown-bag it — take a few extra minutes to pack your lunch. You can control portions and lessen the strain on your waistband and your wallet.
- Indulge without guilt — let’s face it, sometimes dessert is just too hard to pass up. The key is everything in moderation.
- Keep your mouth busy — chewing gum or chatting with co-workers can help you avoid that second trip to the sweet table at office celebrations.