- It appears that once a month, the ladies should eat a healthy dose of cilantro as it may ease monthly hormonal mood swings and may reduce menstrual cramping.
- It has bacteria-killing agents! While I wouldn't trust it to rid my kitchen of salmonella, I wouldn't hesitate to use it on my cutting board.
- Cilantro is said to have anti-inflammatory powers that can help arthritis sufferers.
Ready to see some more?
- The little green herb has helped some with digestive gas and overcoming nausea.
- It contains immune-boosting properties and is said to help prevent urinary tract and fungal infections.
- Like many green and leafy vegetables, cilantro is a source of iron and magnesium, which make it helpful in fighting anemia.
So the next time you head out for Mexican or Thai food, tuck that garnish into the taco and know that you're doing your body a favor with an extra bite of cilantro.
Image Source: Thinkstock