Will Ferrell's new line of charitable sunscreen (featuring Sun Stroke, Sexy Hot Tan, and Forbidden Fruit varieties) might get you some laughs on the beach and prevent a not-so-sexy burn, but they're not the ultimate in sun protection. In its quest to find the best sunscreens for your Summer, Consumer Reports rounded up 10 sunscreens and compared their effectiveness in protecting against ultraviolet A and B radiation.
The magazine chose three CR Best Buys based on the lab test results and reminds us that we shouldn't base our purchases on brand alone — previous tests showed quality variances within the same brand. To see what sunscreens performed the best and are worth your money, read more.
CR Best Buys
- Walgreens Continuous Spray Sport SPF 50
- Coppertone Water Babies SPF 50 (lotion)
- Target (now called Up & Up) Sport Continuous Spray SPF 30
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch With Helioplex SPF 70 (lotion)
- Banana Boat Kids Tear Free SPF 50 (lotion)
Do you have a go-to sunscreen?