Make the most of your beach time and hit the sand for a toning workout. And who better to help you get your sweat on in the sand than the quintessential beach babes Katrina and Karena of Tone It Up? With no props required, these gals have created a five-move workout perfect for the soft sand or your living room. The full-body exercises will work you from head to toe and provide a little fine toning with small pulses to finish up the moves.
Here's a breakdown of the moves.
- Surf's up: From lying on your stomach, pop up into a wide sumo squat then return back down to your belly. Repeat for 30 seconds. Fine tone the outer thigh for 10 seconds doing small leg lifts in the sumo squat then switch legs and pulse on the other side.
- Bikini walk-out with tummy tuck: Begin standing, fold in half at the waist, and walk your hands out to a plank position. Hold plank and perform the tummy tuck by bringing your right knee to your right elbow, then repeat that action on the left. Walk hands back to feet, then perform a deadlift to come to standing. Repeat this move for 30 seconds, then fine tone the obliques by pulsing the knee toward the elbow in the tummy tuck move for 10 seconds on each side.
- Reverse plank with leg raise: Begin in a reverse plank position, and perform alternating leg lifts for 30 seconds. To fine tone the top of thigh, pulse the right legs toward your torso for 10 seconds, then switch and pulse the left.
- Warm hug to tipsy plank: In a side elbow plank, reach top arm to the sky and twist through the torso bringing the arm underneath the body; continue for 30 seconds. Fine tone in an elbow plank tipping the pelvis from side to side for 10 seconds before switching sides to repeat the hugging motion.
- Crab-up: Come to a crab position from lying on your back by performing a full sit-up. Reach your hand to your opposite leg before rolling back down. Repeat, switching sides, for 30 seconds.
Have fun and see you at the beach!