- Accept it: In the words of Kim Kardashian, "I might have a little bit of cellulite. I might not be toned everywhere. I might struggle in this area or that. But accepting that just empowers me." Accept your unique form and own all the magnificent muscles, bones, curves, and cells that make you who you are.
- Celebrate it: It's hard work to stay motivated, healthy, and active. Don't be shy about showing off your favorite body part or celebrating your health and fitness. You earned it.
Need more reminders for loving your body?
- Be mindful of it: Glee's Lea Michele is wise beyond her years, recently saying, "What we put into our bodies is important." Understand that what works for your best friend or boyfriend may not work for you. Learn what foods fuel and satisfy your body, which workouts work for your physique and help you de-stress, and create a routine that's motivating and fulfilling.
- Challenge it: There's plenty of truth behind the phrase "use it or lose it"! When you hit a plateau, meaning the weight, fat, and inches are no longer coming off, or can't seem to break through your fitness goals, step up your efforts and try something new. Health, like learning and love, requires a lifetime of effort. Embrace high intensity workouts, join a sports league, and always keep on the move. Ready to start? Join our Get Fit For 2011 community group.
- Share it and show it off: If you're shy, this can be the hardest body hurdle, but it's a worthy one. Be proud of what you've got and don't hold back. If you've been training and can outrun your workout partner, make it a sprint. Show off your stuff by dancing. Try Zumba and learn to love your butt. Lock lips with a lover and relieve stress. Take it to the sheets and boost your immune system, improve sleep, and feel good.
How do you celebrate your body? Inspire us by sharing your best technique in the comments!