Memorial Day is the unofficial start of Summer, and we've created a workout plan for the month of May to have you feeling strong and confident in your bikini to kick off the season. Bookmark our calendar  so you can find the daily workouts as they are revealed.
Our Bikini Body Countdown starts with a full-body strength training workout, that will keep you moving for about 40 minutes. Best of all, you don't need any equipment for this workout, so no excuses! Learn the details of the moves, print the workout , then get your sweat on!
Directions: Warm up with five minutes of light cardio, then repeat each three-exercise circuit three times. Cool down with five minutes of stretching.
Circuit One: Squat With Side Leg Lift
Reps: 20, alternating sides
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, feet parallel. Bend your knees, lowering your hips deeply so your thighs are parallel with the floor, keeping weight back in your heels.
- Rise back up, straightening the legs completely, and lift the right leg out to the side, squeezing the outer glute.
- Lower the right leg to complete one rep; repeat the squat again lifting the left leg as you stand.
- Do 20 reps, alternating sides.
This squat variation tones and sculpts the butt from all angles — plus standing on one leg fires up your core.
Circuit One: Down Dog Abs
Reps: 10 each side
- Start in a Downward Dog pose, actively pushing your weight into your heels while reaching your tailbone to the sky. Lift your left leg up squeezing the left glute.
- Exhale rock your weight forward over your hands, draw your left knee toward your nose pulling your abs to your spine to round your back.
- Inhale and lift your left leg up as your push your weight back into your heels. This complete one rep.
- Do 10 reps, each side.
This full body move works the upper body while focussing on the abs. It also a provides a nice stretch for the calves.
Circuit One: Elbow Plank With Twist
Reps: 10, each side
- Start in side elbow plank on your right side, with your feet stacked one on top of the other (you can stagger your feet for more stability). Place your hand so your fingers point away from you.
- Place your left arm behind your head, and inhale to prepare.
- Exhale, and pull your navel to your spine while rotating your ribcage toward the floor bringing your left elbow to your right hand.
- Return to the starting position, to complete one rep.
- Do 10 reps on each side.
Twisting is good for the spine and tones the obliques, the ab muscles that crisscross the abdomen. To increase your stability in this position, reach your bottom toward the ceiling — this also works the inner thighs.
Circuit Two: Beach Babe Push-Up
Reps: 5, each side
- Begin in plank with your knees on the mat.
- Extend your right leg straight behind you so it's parallel with the floor. Engage your abs, and keep your left heel in line with your hips by engaging your glutes.
- With your right leg extended, exhale to bend the elbows, lowering into a push-up. Inhale to straighten your arms, keeping your leg lifted.
- This counts as one rep.
- Do 5 reps on each side.
This modified one-leg push-up will challenge your arms while working your abs. Do actively squeeze the glute of the lifted leg to tone your butt too.
Circuit Two: Twisted Mountain Climber — 20 Reps, Alternating
Reps: 20, alternating sides
- Start in a traditional plank — shoulders over hands and weight on your toes.
- With your core engaged, twist to bring your right knee forward under to your left elbow. Return to your basic plank to complete a rep. Switch legs, bringing the left knee forward to the right knee for your second rep.
- Do 20 reps, alternating sides.
Mountain climbers are such an effective exercise, and adding a twist really works the abs from all angles.
Circuit Three: Bulgarian Split Squat
Reps: 15, each side
- Begin by placing the toes of your right foot on a bench, box, stair or chair, with your left leg straight. Make sure your left foot is out far enough so that when you lower your hips, your knee stays directly over your ankle.
- Bend your left knee, squeeze your right glute, and lower your pelvis toward the ground.
- Press your left heel into the ground to straighten your left knee. This completes one rep.
- Do 15 reps before switching legs.
Shape and lift your rear with this elevated split squat.
Circuit Three: Superwoman Push-Up
- Being lying with the front of our body on the mat. Exhale and lift your legs and upper body off the mat, pulling your elbows back squeezing your shoulder blades down and together. Keep your abs engaged to protect your lower back.
- Inhale and lower your legs to the mat, placing your palms by your shoulders.
- Exhale, engage your abs and push your body up into a full plank.
- Inhale, lower your body slowly to the floor to complete one rep.
- Do 10 reps.
Proper posture can make you look up to 10 pounds thinner, so in this exercise focus on strengthening your upper back to help you stand tall.
Circuit Three: Butterfly Crunch
- Lie on your back with your knees open and the soles of your feet together (in a butterfly position). Lengthen your arms overhead so they are resting on the floor.
- Exhale and bring your hands and knees toward each other performing a full-body crunch. Your shoulder blades should be off the mat as your perform a small reverse crunch lifting your pelvis a bit off the mat. Hold this position for a moment and really feel your abs squeezing.
- Slowly lower your arms and feet back to starting position to complete one rep.
- Do 15 reps to complete a set.
Don't let the sweet name fool you, this move works the abs quite thoroughly.
Circuit Three: Marching Bridge
Reps: 20, alternating legs
- Lie on your back with your hands by your side, with your heels about 12 inches from your pelvis. Press your heels into the floor to come into a bridge position with a neutral spine.
- Press your right heel into the floor, and keeping your knee bent, raise your left leg until your hip is a 90 degrees. Lower your left leg down, pressing through your glutes so your pelvis doesn't drift to the floor along with the leg. This completes one rep; switch sides and lift your right leg for your second rep.
- Do 20 reps, alternating legs.
This exercise helps strengthen the back for good posture, but to keep the pelvis stable you as your march in this position you really need to engage your glutes.