Maybe you splurged a little over the weekend and ate just a bit more than you meant to and here it is again: Monday. So now you're looking for some everyday ways to burn some extra calories to offset that double-double with cheese.
Well here's a few ideas to try.
- If you ride public transportation - don't sit, STAND. Plus it gives you a chance to work your core so you don't fly about the bus or subway car as it jerks you around.
- Park as far away as you can from your destination, this way you have to walk more, or get off the bus or subway one stop earlier. More steps means more calories burned.
- Clean vigorously - a little elbow grease goes a long way. Just up your speed as you dust, vacuum or scrub.
- Eat breakfast. It helps to jump start your metabolism.
- Take 3 - 4 minute exercise breaks throughout the day while at work.
Fit's tip: Add some of these to your daily routine and create some fabulous new habits.