I'm a huge soup lover no matter what the temperature is outside, but I especially love it in the Winter. There are so many great seasonal veggies you can use in soup recipes, and Butternut Squash is one of my favorites because it's so creamy, hearty, and flavorful. Here's a super easy recipe that includes carrots for
Want to see it? Then read more.
What you need:
16 ounces of veggie broth
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 butternut squash
Salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- Pour the broth into a big pot and place it on the stove on high.
- Cut up the onion and place it in the broth. It's OK if the pieces are big since you'll be blending everything in a food processor at the end. Put the garlic in too.
- Peel the butternut squash, remove the seeds, cut it in cubes and place it in the broth.
- Wash and slice five carrots.
- Place them in the broth with the onions and squash.
- Let this cook until the squash is soft.
- In small batches, blend until smooth in a food processor.
- Place the creamy soup back in the pot, add salt and pepper to taste, serve hot and enjoy. This soup stores really well in plastic containers in the fridge.