This recipe for a fresh squid salad from FitSugar reader Dara8182 proves that calamari isn't just deep-fried finger food. Dara8182 posted the calamari salad recipe in our Healthy Recipe community group.
Squid is an incredible, low-calorie, lean protein source. Most people think calamari can only be eaten fried, but it is so delicious in a variety of ways that are far healthier. This salad combines lots of fresh veggies, herbs, and lemon with calamari for a lean and filling meal. It is a great appetizer or main dish and looks and tastes like Summer! Try it this weekend.
For more on how to make this healthy calamari salad read on.
See full recipe and photos at Generation Y Foodie
- 1/2 lb squid, cleaned and cut into 1" rings
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 ribs celery, sliced into 1/4" chunks
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup Greek olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, washed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- black pepper