We are pumped to share one of our favorite stories from Self here on POPSUGAR Fitness!
You know how some restaurants highlight their lighter offerings in an attempt to woo their healthier customers? Well, at Panera Bread, some of the healthiest and most flavorful options don't appear anywhere on their menu. It turns out that earlier this year, Panera Breads nationwide started offering a new lineup of "power foods" with lean proteins, complex carbohydrates and veggies as part of its all-new Hidden Menu. These six "power foods" items aren't promoted in-store, but fans and followers of Panera's social media channels will get the inside scoop. Lucky for you, we've got the inside scoop now, too. Check out the six pack here — plus the skinny on each of 'em.
- Power Breakfast Egg White Bowl with Roasted Turkey: Roasted all-natural, antibiotic-free turkey, egg whites, warm baby spinach, roasted peppers, and basil pesto. (The Skinny: 180 calories, 7g carbs, 25g protein)
- Power Breakfast Egg Bowl with Steak: Two all-natural eggs, seared top sirloin, sliced avocado and tomatoes. (The Skinny: 230 calories, 5g carbs, 20g protein)
- Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad: All-natural, antibiotic-free chicken, baby spinach, romaine, tomatoes, apple-wood smoked bacon, diced eggs, fresh-squeezed lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil. (The Skinny: 360 calories, 12g carbs, 35g protein)
- Power Mediterranean Roasted Turkey Salad: All-natural, antibiotic-free roasted turkey, baby spinach, romaine, tomatoes, red onions, kalamata olives, fresh squeezed lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. (The Skinny: 320 calories, 12g carbs, 22g protein)
- Power Chicken Hummus Bowl: All-natural, antibiotic-free chicken, with cilantro jalapeno hummus, baby spinach, cucumbers, diced tomatoes & red onions finished with fresh squeezed lemon & fresh chopped cilantro. (The Skinny: 330 calories, 23g carbs, 33g protein)
- Power Steak Lettuce Wrap: Seared top-sirloin, leaf lettuce, cucumbers, diced tomatoes, red onions, basil pesto and finished with fresh lemon juice. (The Skinny: 280 calories, 7g carbs, 28g protein)
More from Self.com: