So last week I told you about five exercises that'll tone your butt, hips, and thighs. Don't forget that many types of cardio also work your rump. Here are five types of exercise that not only tone your lower body, but they burn calories too, which will help you tone up all around.
- Hiking: This is one of the best types of kick your butt, butt-burning activities I've ever done. Since you're often hiking up steep inclines, it automatically works your buns and thighs. Plus, if you're wearing a backpack, the extra weight you're carrying around really ups the workout. An hour of hiking for a 140-pound woman burns about 390 calories.
- Biking: This type of exercise targets your thighs and backside like nobody's business. Whether you are biking around town, or using a stationary bike, a 140-pound woman can burn up to 335 calories in just 45 minutes.
Want to see the rest? Then
- Running: If your joints can take it, running is a perfect exercise because it's virtually free and you can do it anywhere. You'll work your lower body mostly, but since you're swinging your arms, it can also tone your upper back and get rid of love handles. A 140-pound woman can burn up to 475 calories on a 45 minute jog.
- Kickboxing: If you've ever taken a cardio kickboxing class, I'm sure your butt, quads and hamstrings knew it the next day. All those powerfully high kicks and punches will tone your lower and upper body, and your abs. A 140-pound woman can burn up to 500 calories in 45 minutes.
- Walking: This type of exercise is the easiest, most accessible, and perfect if you have injuries. It's also great because you can walk to work, walk on your lunch break, walk the dog, walk to the store, or walk inside the mall. Try to walk up hills to target your booty. Walking for a brisk hour long walk will burn about 300 calories for a 140-pound woman.