While spending time in the kitchen, why not take a break in between stirring your sautéed veggies and washing dishes? I love stretching in the kitchen and here's a move that will target your upper thighs and shoulders.
To learn how to do this stretch
- Stand facing the counter and place your left hand on the surface to help you stay balanced.
- Put all your weight in your left leg and bend your right knee, bringing your foot behind you. Hold onto the front of your right foot with your right hand, pulling the sole of your foot into your buns. Make sure your elbow is pointing behind you in order to feel the stretch in the front of your shoulder.
- Stay there for at least 30 seconds.
- If you want to feel this stretch in your left hamstring as well, then lean your torso forward slightly, keeping your left leg straight and hold for another 30 seconds.
- Then release your right leg and switch sides.