Chocolate cravings are serious business, but instead of downing hundreds of calories in a chocolate bar, brownie, or chocolate ice cream, here's a quick snack that will give you a chocolate fix but for only 100 calories.
This addictively crunchy, salty-sweet snack whips up in minutes, offers a decent amount of protein and fiber, and all for under five grams of sugar. Because the cocoa mixture sticks to the hot popcorn, it isn't at all messy like you may think. Make some to snack on while watching TV, or pop a batch ahead of time for when cravings strike.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- Mix the cocoa powder, cinnamon, sugar, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the oil to a pot with a couple kernels with the top on. Turn heat on high.
- When the kernels begin to pop, quickly pour in the remaining kernels, and put the top on. Shake the pan from side to side, and when the popping slows down, turn off the heat and pour the popcorn in a bowl. Immediately sprinkle on the cocoa mixture and give it a good stir.
Source: Calorie Count
- 4 servings
- Cook Time
- 3 minutes
- Calories per serving