Recently California suffered when temps (remember we are talking about California here) dipped to around 30 degrees killing a good amount of the bountiful citrus crops.
So even though we are facing a minor citrus shortage, it is still recommended that you get at least 75-90 mg per day of vitamin c. In light of all this, you can still get your oranges from Florida, but there are lots of other foods high in vitamin c that you may also want to consider such as:
- Papaya: 313.1 mg in one
- Bell peppers: 174.80 mg in one cup
- Broccoli: 205.7 mg in one cup
- Brussel sprouts: 161.2 mg in one cup
- Strawberries: 136.1 mg in one cup
- Cantaloupe: 112.5 mg in one cup
- Kiwi (the fruit, not the bird): 95 mg in one
- Cauliflower: 91.5 mg in one cup
- Kale: 88.8 mg in one cup
Fit's Tip: It is recommended that adults don't consume above 2,000 milligrams in one day.