If you're watching your waistline, you're probably watching what you eat, too, not to mention exercising regularly as well. Yay for you and your healthy and possibly new habits, but in truth they can sometimes leave you hungry. Set yourself up for success by loading your cupboards and fridge with healthy convenience foods. Stock your kitchen with ready-to-eat snacks that are healthy, delicious, and packed with fiber. These will satisfy your cravings and keep you feeling full longer, so you're less likely to return to the kitchen for more snacks. Here are some ideas:
- Fresh fruits like bananas, apples, pears, and berries
- Real fruit and veggie juices
- Frozen edamame
- Tomatoes (slice one and sprinkle a little cheese on top)
- Hummus and whole grain crackers
What else makes for delicious and quick snacking ideas? To find out read more.
- Containers of low-fat or drinkable yogurt
- Granola bars
- Dried fruit and nuts
- Whole grain bread and real nut butter (peanut or almond)
- Mini carrots
- Cans of soup
- Cooked brown rice (store it in the fridge)
What else do you keep in your kitchen for healthy snacking in a pinch?