Follow FitSugar reader Jeannie at Downsize Me: Diet or die trying as she embarks to lose half her size. Here is her plan.
So here I am at 50 ready to embark upon the journey of a lifetime. A journey to lose half of me. It is high time to shed the extra me I have been carrying around for so long.
I'm ready! I have the mind set and the determination. I've got to muster the will power and the discipline. It is best to view this as a journey and not a diet. Diets make me think of broiled meats and tasteless veggies. Diets come with too many restrictions which may lead to overindulgence and yo-yo dieting. I know, I have been there too many times before. Well it's a given . . . with any weight loss plan one must burn off more calories than one takes in, so I have chosen to use the Weight Watchers point system and to exercise for at least 25 minutes, five times a week.
Let's get started! Shall we?
- Decide on a plan.
- Determine an ultimate goal weight.
- Set a reasonable weekly goal and divide by the ultimate goal weight.
- Plan menu for the week including snacks.
- Cook meals in advance.
- Decide on what type of exercise and set aside time to make it happen.
- Keep track of points, minutes exercised, and a food log.
Follow along with me as I journey to downsize to a healthier me.