Recent reports divulge that the water on airlines has been found to have coliform and E. coli - or as they are more commonly known: fecal bacteria. Gross!
Now the interesting parts are that we are supposed to keep hydrated while flying and we are no longer allowed to bring bottled water on the plane. Ah, the irony.
- Here are some tips to stay hydrated while flying without drinking airplane water:
- First and foremost, always ask for bottled water.
- If you like to brush your teeth before landing, you may want to save some of your bottled water for your routine.
- Skip the ice -- most Europeans prefer sans ice and you've always wanted to be a little more Euro.
- Skip the coffee and tea -- it's not really all that good in the first place.
- If there is no more bottled water available, stick to low sugar juices -- that way you are still hydrating yourself but not getting the caffeine or artificial sugars found in colas.
- If you're determined to drink the plane water -- You may want to invest in a Watersafe Kit to use before you sip it.