1 medium eggplant, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
5 cloves garlic
1T marsala wine
1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp herbes de provence
1 tsp red pepper flakes (reduce to 1/2 if you are sensitive to spicy foods)
1 package Shirataki noodles (or 2 servings of pasta)
S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut eggplants into 1/2 inch slices. Generously salt the slices, allowing them to sit for 15-20 mins. Wiping away the beads of water that form (this process removes excess moisture - which makes eggplant "slimey" - and bitterness).
- Meanwhile, whisk together the oil, marsala, vinegar, herbs, and pepper flakes.
- Cut the eggplant slices into 1/2 inch cubes and toss in a large bowl with the garlic, red onion, and vinaigrette. Spread eggplant onto foil-lined baking sheet and roast for ~30 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
- Prepare noodles as instructed on package.
- Divide among two plates, adding extra topping as desired (I loved how the added cheese melted and clung to mine!).
Makes 2 servings (or 4 sides).
- Main Dishes, Other