There are many reasons to love actress Emma Stone, who turns 25 today. Between her perfectly timed comedic performances on screen and open demeanor off screen, there's a reason why she's practically everyone's girl crush. We love her for yet another reason — interview after interview, Emma dishes down-to-earth advice for living a healthy, fulfilled life that we can get on board with. Read on for our favorite quotes from Emma on life, fitness, and health!
- On not having food guilt: "You're a human being, you live once and life is wonderful, so eat the damn red velvet cupcake."
- On why she hates Hollywood diets: "It’s like: Eat this diet, which is a palm-size piece of chicken and some beans, and work out two hours a day for the rest of your life."
- On trying new workouts: "At the moment I don't do that much, but I know I need to change that. I'm trying to get into yoga, I like it and apparently it's very good for you. As well as yoga, I do a bit of meditation."
- On working out for health (even though you hate it): "If there isn't someone yelling in my face, then I'm just not into it. Pilates is the one thing that makes me happy while I'm doing it. But other than that, it puts me in a bad mood to lift stuff over my head. I hate it. But it is important to do it for my health, so I need to do it more."
- On life perspective: "I went to the catacombs, and all these people are literally stacked on top of each other. We're all just bones, trying to get along. We're all the exact same at our core. It helps put things in perspective — that we're all people that will eventually be bones again."