Parties are fun and no doubt if you are throwing one to celebrate the arrival of spring or your engagement, you might just over imbibe. Champagne the celebratory drink of the masses is just a devil. It is easy to drink, hard to say no to, and you can leave you with one hell of a hangover.
So in case you don't stick to drinking PartySugar's fruit juice mock champagne, you might end up a wee bit hungover. In fact, it is believed that women are more likely to experience hangovers than men. Here are a few tips on avoiding as well as dealing with them (hangovers - not men).
At the Party
- Don't eat sweets, since champagne is already high in sugar. So the less sugar you eat, the less intense the hangover should be.
- Once you have started drinking champagne, stick with champagne (or wine). Remember - Bubble before liquor, never sicker.
- Eat!!!! Food in your stomach slows down the body's absorption of alcohol.
- Take it slow. Try to drink one glass of champagne an hour.
- Drink water throughout the party. Just fill that glass with "bubble" water and alternate with champagne.
To find out what you can do before going to bed
- Drink water!!!! Dehydration is a major component of the hangover.
- Take 2 ibuprofen tablets, to help diminish the headache and body aches that accompany a hangover.
The Morning After
- Once again drink water and take some more pain relief.
- Drink juice - fructose, such as honey or fruit juice, may help your body burn the alcohol faster.
- Take a nap with your fiancé...your hangover just might be gone when you wake up (time is really the only true cure).
- Physical activity (wink - wink, nudge nudge) can help your body burn through the excess alcohol by eliminating the toxins by sweating.
I sure do hope these help and I sure do hope you had some fun.