I've heard this one over and over again: When I work out I just get too bored!
I can fully understand why working out can get boring, so here are some ways to combat boredom:
- Take a new and fun class. Gyms are always coming up with new classes all of the time to keep members interested in working out.
- Try a new practice. If cardio and weight training don't do it for you, try pilates, yoga or even gyro. There are lots of options out there.
- Get someone to work out with you (a new friend, your best friend, your husband or even your mom) or start a work out group. Strength (no pun intended) in numbers definitely combats boredom.
- Cross training is a great thing. Your muscles, like your mind, get bored of doing the same thing over and over. Do the elliptical one day, the treadmill another, swim laps another day, run outside another, or play freeze tag with the kids another day. Diversity helps in so many ways.
- Many people need media to keep them going. Work out in front of a TV or make a sweet play list. Some people read magazines or newspapers to pass the time.
- If you work out at the gym, people watch for tips and pointers.
- Really concentrate on your muscles that you are moving. This may sound vain, but watching yourself in a mirror will focus your brain back to why you are working out in the first place rather than what you're going to do when you're done.
If you want a few more ways to combat the boredom