Daylight savings is tonight and hooray for "falling back." It's so great to gain an hour of time this one day a year, so make the most of it.
Don't just go through your day as usual because you'll never even realize you received that extra 60 minutes. Since most people complain that they don't have time to exercise, my advice is to go out and do something physical for the entire hour. You'll feel proud of your efforts, and your mind will be energized and de-stressed. Here are some ideas:
- Hike some woodsy trails or up the nearest mountain: 355 calories
- Cruise around town for a leisurely Fall bike ride: 355 calories
- Take a cardio class at your gym: 414 calories
- Go for a light jog (12-minute miles) to work on your endurance: 473 calories
- Play a friendly game of soccer: 414 calories
- Do some much-needed stretching of your entire body: 236 calories
Don't forget to change your clocks before you go to bed tonight. Daylight saving time officially ends at 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning, when we roll our clock back one hour.