Fresh Fall weather means it's time to take a few of your runs outside and away from the treadmill. Here's your must-do checklist for ensuring a good run in the great outdoors.
- The right clothes: Fall weather can be fickle. Run in layers so you can shed them if you start getting overheated, and wear sweat-wicking material to keep comfortable. Since evening light comes sooner, make sure to also keep reflective gear handy; check out our picks for cold-weather reflective gear here.
- Warm-up moves: Don't start a run without warming up your muscles or else you risk later injury or an uncomfortable workout. This dynamic warm-up sequence will raise your heart rate while priming your muscles for a safe run.
- An amazing playlist: Motivate yourself with the perfect running playlist. Our 47-minute Fall cardio playlist will keep your heartbeat up and your spirits high throughout your run.
- Stay-put earphones: Blustery winds and race-worthy times mean you need headphones that don't budge during your run. We road-tested five of the best running earphones for you to pick.
- A goal: New to running? Setting a minigoal — like jogging nonstop for five minutes or running 10 miles a week — can help you track your progress and stay motivated. Try these beginner running goals the next time you're ready for a jog.