November is here! The month of my favorite holiday: Thanksgiving! I love celebrating the harvest with seasonal foods. Ahhh...but there is so much more to this month than just one seriously food-centered holiday.
To see why I consider these items fit for November just
- Top of my list for the month is an organic turkey for T-day. I am truly thankful that I can find a turkey that is antibiotic and hormone-free that was fed organic grains and no animal by-products. Free range turkeys are usually more muscular, less fatty, and take a bit longer to cook. You can order an organic turkey online from Local Harvest, and Whole Foods carries a wide variety and sizes of organic birds.
- Do you participate in the tradition of a touch football game on Thanksgiving day? If so you better get out and practice your throw, and this Spiral Tech football ($20) from Nike is perfect for the job. Made of composite leather, it can handle any weather. Plus it is sized just a bit smaller, so smaller hands have an easier time handling this ball. Get your spiral throw down before the big game.
- Hiking is one of my favorite pastimes. and I find Fall the best season for it. I find it best to wear a versatile jacket, and this Super Guide Jacket ($165) by Patagonia is a workhorse. Considered a soft shell jacket, it not only sheds snow and light rain, but it allows for unencumbered movement. The fabric breathes too, so you won't overheat! It's great for running and biking too.
- Dental health is always on my mind; I try to avoid dental work other than my cleanings. I am loving this Flexcare ($180) by Sonicare. Not only is the toothbrush designed to remove plaque, but it also comes with a UV sanitizer that removes pesky bacteria and viruses from the bristles. You can find it at Target.
- Since the days are shorter and colder, I think a gym membership is a must have. Since the prime workout times before and after work are dark now, moving your workout inside is a great idea. Plus the change of environment, the large amounts of equipment, and all the classes could just be the Fall fitness jump start you are looking for. Check out these tips for choosing a gym.