Fall has finally arrived, and October is loaded with fun activities. Here are some items that are fit for this month!
To see why these items are fit for October just
- October just wouldn't be the same without a pumpkin and pumpkin seeds. Pumpkins are high in beta carotene and fiber but low in calories, and the flesh can be used for facials! The seeds are high in both plant sterols, which may help lower cholesterol, and phytochemicals that promote prostate health.
- EmergenC, the health and energy drink, created a new Pink Lemonade flavor to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Fifty percent of all profits from this flavor will be donated to the Keep A Breast Foundation. Take care of your health while helping to take care of others!
- Now is the time to take charge of your nutritional life, so I recommend having a session with a dietitian. Learning to eat a well balanced diet can be challenging, so why not seek professional help? Think of a dietitian as a personal trainer for food, since they will build a menu to suit your dietary needs. To find a dietitian in your area check out: American Dietetic Association's web site.
- I love this Pink Ribbon Sports Bra ($24.99). You can support your gals while supporting wider access to mammograms. For sale on The Breast Cancer Site, who will cover one percent of a mammogram for every bra purchased. While that might not seem like a lot, those percentage points add up!
- Nike+iPod is a great way to track your cardio performance, and it just got better. With the new iPod nano, you can watch videos! This means you can easily add video podcast workouts into your fitness routine. While you might not drag a laptop with you to the gym, you will be taking your iPod ($199 + 29 for sports kit).