Setting goals is a great step towards a healthier you. As important as it is to set attainable goals, you've got to be sure to acknowledge when you reach them. Whether you want to eat more fiber, increase your workouts to three times a week, walk 10,000 steps a day, run a 5K marathon, or eat less sodium to help lower your blood pressure, make sure that you do something to celebrate the good you're doing.
Here are some ways to pat yourself on the back:
- Go shopping for some new workout clothes.
- Buy yourself gear that'll inspire your healthy lifestyle — an iPod, a new bike, new sneaks, or a new yoga mat.
- Treat yourself to a full-body massage (it'll loosen tight muscles and relieve stress).
- If you've reached a running goal, get a pedicure to take care of your tired and sore feet.
- Buy yourself a new CD to workout to.
- Go out and share a yummy treat with a friend.
- Hire a personal chef for a night.
Do you have any other ideas about how to reward yourself for reaching your health and fitness goals? Tell me about them below.