I've definitely used the excuse before that I'm too tired after work to exercise, or that I just don't have the time.
Nobody has an extra hour lying around in their day for working out — you have to make the time. That means that sometimes you've got to multitask to get in a workout.
So why not exercise while watching TV? I keep a set of weights and a resistance band in the TV–stand drawer, so after dinner, during my favorite shows, instead of sitting my lazy butt on the couch, I do strength training exercises. I really do. I lay a mat on the floor (it makes my workout seem more official that way), and I work my muscles for about 30 minutes. I always feel good afterwards, and it puts me in a calm mood just in time for bedtime.
Need some ideas for what you can do in front of the TV? Then
- Stretch your tight hips and hamstrings by doing this yoga sequence.
- Tone your abs with these strengthening exercises.
- Work your outer thighs and buns with the Pilates Clam Series.
- Work your whole body with this Mini Boot Camp series of moves.
- Tone your backside with this four-minute booty routine.
- Grab some dumbbells and work your arms and upper back.
- Work your waist and get rid of those love handles with this series of moves.
- Use a resistance band to tone your biceps.