Need a fitness-related gift for fit-minded friends or relative? FitFabCities has you covered. She's rounded up her favorite gifts from foam rollers to iPads.
Okay, I’m willing to admit I might be a little weird. Every year for Christmas I ask for some sort of fitness thing. One year it was a BOSU ball, then next it was boxing gloves and last year it was kettlebells, and every December 26th I bring my new haul to the gym where I can’t wait to try it out. (Needless to say last year the 35 lb. kettlebell proved a little tricky. I think the holidays are a great time to ask for a few fitness things you’ve been eying but your practical side won’t let you buy for yourself. I’ve compiled a few of my holiday must haves that are sure to make your workouts more fun and give you an edge when it comes time for those New Year’s resolutions.
- Valslides $30: Jennifer Garner and Jessica Biel’s trainer Valerie Waters uses these to whip her clients into shape for big movie roles. I am obsessed with using Valsides for killer core exercises and sliding lunges that totally tighten up your butt and thighs. Plus you can use them in your living room or pack them and take them anywhere!
- GymBoss Trainer $19.95: This is totally on my list this year. The Gymboss lets you set a repeating interval timer perfect for circuit training, intervals or running workouts (think 30 seconds on, one minute off). You don’t have to struggle to set your watch or look at it throughout your workout since Gymboss is small and clips onto your shirt.
- Foam Roller $34: If you’ve ever had sore muscles you have to get one of these. It will open up your back and make those miles on your legs melt away. Simply a must for runners or, let’s be honest, anyone who uses a computer.
- TRX Training System $199: Oh I LOVE this thing!!! BTW so do Jennifer Lopez, Gisele Bundchen and Superbowl MVP Drew Brees. This is a complete gym in a bag. You can do thousands of exercises, take it anywhere (all you need it a doorway or high place to anchor it), plus it’s only two pounds so you can totally pack it in your bag for business travel and vacations. This thing rocks. I can’t say enough good things about it so I think I’ll just have to devote a later post and video to my TRX devotion so you can get the full effect. Bottom line…if you’re OK spending a little more money you must get this thing. (Good news is you could probably give up your gym membership).
- Lululemon Triumphant Tote $118: Not only is this bag waterproof but it’s also made of material that won’t cause your Lulu pants to pill when it rubs against them. Plus I think carrying a cute bag would totally be motivation to hit the gym, right? This bag even has a laptop pocket so it’s business and pleasure!
- iPad 2 $499: All right, this is a big ticket item but if you’re thinking of one for Christmas I’ll tell you it is my workout secret. I load my favorite TV shows and movies onto the iPad and I actually look forward to my cardio sessions. Consider it a health care cost.
If you need some other gift ideas for those on your holiday list, check out these gift guides: