Sometimes, even after the most romantic evenings on what's considered the most amorous holiday, the only thing that seems like a reasonable conclusion to the day is letting your head hit the pillow. The Consumer Reports National Research Center polled 1,000 adults and found the number one reason for skipping sex is being too tired or in need of sleep. Ensure you're energized for a little Valentine's Day lovin' with these sleeping tips.
- Aim for seven to nine hours of sleep tonight so you're not counting down to bedtime during dessert tomorrow.
- Anxiety keeping you awake? Try eating a handful of melatonin-filled cherries and take a hot bath to relax before bedtime.
- Prepare for a good night's sleep by fitting in a workout and avoiding caffeine late in the day.
- If you're stomach is keeping you awake, snack on something that will actually help you get your Zs like a slice of whole wheat toast topped with a small slice of low-fat cheese.
- Exercise tomorrow morning and then take a catnap in the afternoon to re-energize your body if you're feeling sluggish. Invite your honey to join you for a quick snooze.