Use low-sodium vegetable broth to make this soup vegetarian, and choose a gluten-free broth to make this recipe gluten free.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 12 ounces sliced Swiss chard
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons natural almond butter
- 2 tablespoons less-fat cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add the bell pepper and green onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until the pepper is tender.
- Add the chard, and cook for 1 minute or until wilted. Add the spinach, broth, water, and salt, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the chard and spinach are very tender.
- Add the almond butter and cream cheese, and cook for 1 minute or until they've melted and the soup is lightly thickened. Transfer 2 cups of the soup to a blender or food processor, and puree. Stir it back into the soup, gently reheating if necessary. Serve hot.
Source: Calorie Count 
Related: Clean Up Your Diet With 5 Detox Dinners 
- 4 servings
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
- Calories per serving