Taking care of your gums is about so much more than having pretty teeth. Having healthy gums may help prevent pancreatic cancer. I thought it would be worthwhile to review good flossing technique.
- You should floss daily. Keep floss in your purse or desk drawer as well as your medicine cabinet at home. Easy access to floss is key to getting the job done.
- Guide the floss between your teeth and rub up and down the side of each tooth.
- Gently slide the floss between the gum and the tooth, with the emphasis on the word gently. Ramming the floss up against the gum will only irritate it.
- Use a fresh bit of floss for each tooth.
- Don't forget to floss the backside of your last molar and to gently massage between the gum and tooth there as well.