It's back-to-school season, and for many that means hectic days of after-school activities and hurried family dinners are back. Even if your mealtimes are not grab and go, it's good to keep your digestive tract healthy to make sure you are at your best. Here are five great foods that aid your digestion.
- Like kombucha, yogurt is a well-known probiotic, meaning it contains tons of healthy bacteria that can live in your intestines and help keep the bad bacteria at bay. And the best part? You don't have to worry about any supposed alcohol content.
- Once they've set up shop, you'll want to keep your probiotic friends happy. Fruits that contain a good amount of inulin, such as bananas, contain prebiotics, which feed healthy bacteria and keep them working for you.
- Papayas are a great way to get helpful enzymes working as you digest. Plus, papayas have tons of Vitamin C. Try it in a chewable tablet if you can't find them or they are not in season.
- Ginger is known as a great remedy for nausea (ginger ale, anyone?) or irregularity. Some people claim it can help morning sickness during pregnancy!
- Garlic is good for keeping vampires and bad intestinal organisms away; but make sure you don't ingest too much, because its antibacterial properties can also affect the good bacteria in your gut.