For a great exercise to work your shoulders, try this:
- Stand with your knees slightly bent and with your feet no more than shoulder width apart.
- Keep your abs tight, chest up and back straight.
- Hold 3-5 pound dumbbells (palms facing in) in front of legs, with elbows slightly bent.
- Squeezing shoulder blades together and in a controlled motion, raise dumbbells up, keeping elbows fixed, until arms are parallel to the floor. Hands should not go higher than top of shoulders. (Please note: The guy in the photo is a little over zealous and lifted a bit too far. Don't raise arms higher than your shoulders.)
- While maintaining the controlled motion, return to starting position. Do not allow muscles to relax before next repetition.
- Do 3 reps of 10.
Fit's Tip: Build up your weights once you feel it is too easy.