I'm sure if you're into strength training with dumbbells or resistance bands, you've done tricep extensions before. This move is similar, but it requires a towel and a friend's help.
- Hold a towel with both hands and bring your hands behind your head with elbows pointing straight up to the ceiling.
- Have a friend stand behind you and hold onto the other end of the towel.
- As you straighten your arms above you, your friend will add a little resistance. This should be enough to make the exercise hard, but not hard enough that you can't do it.
- Then slowly lower your hands back behind you (with your partner still applying resistance). Try to keep your elbows pressing in towards your head.
- Repeat for a total of 12 to 15 times. Then switch roles so your partner can work their triceps, too.
This might be a good exercise to do if you are at the gym with a chatty friend, because you can work and have a conversation during this one!