When I'm at the gym, I'm always looking for ways to work out lying down. Just kidding! I like to find new ways to target the back of my upper arms.
Tank top season is fast approaching, check out this triceps exercise that some folks refer to as the "skull crusher."
You'll need a set of three- to ten-pound dumbbells for this move.
- Grab a set of weights and lie on a bench or on the floor.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, and bring your hands by your ears so your elbows are pointing straight up at the ceiling.
- Inhale and straighten your arms by lifting your hands up.
- As you exhale, slowly lower the dumbbells back down towards your ears, but be sure to keep your elbows directly above your shoulders in order to target your triceps.
- Repeat this move for 12 to 15 reps.
Now, this may not be a compound exercise, but you can easily fit this exercise into an "in front of the TV' workout.