Want to work on toning the backs of your upper arms? This classic exercise targets the triceps, and to do it, all you need is a set of dumbbells.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand. Lean your torso forward slightly, keeping your spine straight, and bend both elbows back behind you as high as you can.
- Now, keeping your elbows in that position, straighten your right arm back with the bottom of your fist pointing up.
- With control, bend your right elbow, and bring the weight back in toward your shoulder. Do this 12 to 15 times.
- Without taking a break, do 12 to 15 reps on the left side.
- Repeat on both sides for a total of three times. If you need to take a break between each set and stand up to release your lower back, go for it.
Fit's Tip: If you're finding it hard to keep your elbows raised while doing this exercise, switch to a lower weight.