Give this Partner Yoga Pose a try the next time you're practicing with a friend.
- Partner #1 gets into Down Dog position, while Partner #2 stands on the left side of Partner #1.
- Partner #2 places their hands about 8 to 12 inches in front of Partner #2's hands.
- Partner #2 lifts their right leg and places their foot directly below Partner #1's right hip bone. Then they bring their left foot up and place it below Partner #2's left hip, cupping each side of Partner #1's hips with their feet. Partner #2 is basically doing Down Dog on top of their partner. Hence the name - Double Dog.
- To dismount, Partner #2 slowly shifts their weight off and places one leg down to the ground, and then the other.
- Switch roles so you each get a turn to do both.
Fit's Tip: To learn more, see if any studios in your area offer Partner Yoga classes or workshops.