We would all like our partners in crime, be they husbands, boyfriends, house mates, best friends, siblings - to also be our partners in fitness. Working out with a partner generally helps to keep folks on track and makes us all less likely to skip a workout.
Here are a few things to consider when planning how to get physical with a partner.
- Common Interests: Look for an activity you both enjoy: hiking, sailing, team sports - there are lots of co-ed leagues out there.
- Look for new adventures: Explore new ways to exercise that neither of you have every really done before. This will keep you on equal footing. Take a tennis lesson or learn to cha-cha.
- Think outside your box: Both of you need to be willing to try new activities - all partnerships are a give and take. Play golf one week and the next try a double kayak aquatic adventure. The possibilities are endless once you get off the couch.
- Get classy: Group classes from spinning to Pilates offer both a group and personal experience. You can work at your individual level while enjoying an activity together.
- Just do IT: Sign up for a charity walk or run, move at your separate paces and hook up at the finish line. Simply heading to the gym together is a great option. Spot each other lifting free weights or just do you own thing separately. The good new is you made it to the gym.