Now that you're engaged you probably have a lot going on. Many brides and grooms opt to take an engagement portrait to commemorate the occasion or maybe it's part of your photographer's package... Nonetheless, you're going to want to look good.
Being that most people take their engagement photos well before the wedding you may not have had as much time to really tone up but there are a few things you can do to make sure you're looking like a dazzling bride-to-be in the pic:
- Sleep: Sounds crazy to remind you to sleep but with all the stuff you have on your plate, sleep may come secondary to planning. Sleep can help boost your immune system. You'll look (and feel better) after getting the recommended eight hours. Besides, nothing kills an engagement portrait like dark circles under the bride's eyes.
- Eat: Skipping meals might seem like a good idea for the bride who wants to lose a few pounds, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Your overworked body needs that nourishment in order to maintain its energy and keep up with your jam-packed schedule. Eat, but eat healthfully.
There are more tips, so
- Start (or continue) a Fitness Program: Chances are you've already started your fitness program to get toned for the big day. If you haven't, start today and use your engagement portrait as motivation to get started. Estimate your goals by months -- If you follow a healthy diet and exercise program you should be able to safely lose one pound (3500 calories) per week, so that is about 4 pounds per month. Not motivated enough to go about it on your own? Look into doing a Bridal Bootcamp.
- Skip the Magic Bullet: You may be enticed to do a fad diet or power-hour workouts, but remember the big picture here: Your wedding day. Taking extreme measures to lose weight fast for your engagement portrait may mean that you'll end up putting that weight back on by the time your big day rolls around.
- Drink lots of water: Drinking water will not only keep you hydrated, but it will keep your skin looking fabulous for your picture.
We've got lots of great wedding tips and tidbits from across the Sugar Network in the Wedding Talk Group -- You should definitely check it out!