Nothing is worse than being stuck in your car after work during rush hour. This is precious time that can really end up being a buzz kill to any after work health endeavors. So in an effort to health proof your car, here are some "dos and don'ts" when giving your car a healthy makeover:
- DO: Have a new container of water with you -- I have my Sigg with me everywhere I go.
DON'T: Keep an open bottle of water in the car -- This can be a breeding ground for all sorts of germs and not to mention the fact that bottled water is bad for the environment.
- DO: Keep a bag or container of nuts (or even an energy bar if it's not too hot) in the glove compartment.
DON'T: Keep candy bars, or any other kind of junk food you'll be tempted to splurge on while sitting in traffic.
- DO: Keep your gym clothes in the trunk, ready to go so you can head straight to the gym.
DON'T: Plan on going home first to get your gear -- Think about it: An hour in traffic, then home, then back out to the gym... I don't think so.
- DO: Keep some music in you car that is a sure way to pump you up.
DON'T: Sit there in silence (or listen to slow music) -- You'd be amazed how easy you can talk yourself out of going to the gym while sitting in an hour of traffic.
- (*For those trying to quit smoking)
DO: Keep a pack of sugar free gum or hard candy in the car.
DON'T: Keep any cigarettes in your car, ever!