Hostess gifts are often an afterthought when preparing for a stay away from home, so why not do things differently this holiday season? Give a thank-you gift that will be appreciated and remembered by creating a healthy gift basket for your host. The fact that you did it yourself, rather than purchasing a prepared fruit basket, will stand out as an extra-thoughtful gesture. Consideration toward your hostess gifts doesn't have to take a whole lot of time, just a little forethought.
Your instinct might be to get a basket before you go shopping for the contents, but you don't want to buy a basket too big or small for the items you want to include. Start by making a list of things you want to include and buy your basket after you've collected everything. This is your opportunity to be creative and have fun with giving. To see some ideas for what to include in your healthy gift basket, read more.
- Organic coffee beans
- Homemade granola
- Dark chocolate
- Bag of snack-size rice cakes
- Energy bars like Lara, Clif, or Luna bars
- Homemade, guiltless cookies, like flourless chocolate-walnut cookies
- Green tea
- Seasonal fruit, like pomegranates
- Almonds or mixed nuts
- If your host has a Christmas tree, consider including an ornament
- If your host celebrates Hanukkah, add a package of beautiful menorah candles